Community Engagement – Part Time
The Controller serves as the independent chief auditor and financial watchdog for the City of Los Angeles with the responsibility to ensure the City is operating efficiently and transparently. As one of three elected citywide officials, the Controller maintains a robust community outreach calendar and upholds close contact with his constituencies, including city residents, nonprofit organizations, schools, businesses and more.
Schedule and pay: 25-35 hours per week, including alternating weekends and occasional after-hours events. Pay is $15.23 per hour.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling and community outreach:
- Research community events and potential scheduling opportunities
- Provide prompt communication and outreach to community members
- Act as liaison to neighborhood councils, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with advocacy groups and nonprofit partners
- Write briefings and interoffice memoranda
- Work closely with the Scheduling Team to build and manage Controller’s calendar
- Assist in organizing events and opportunities for the Office of the Controller
- Contribute to internal events with pre-planning, logistics, and follow-up
- Staff the Controller at meetings, and events (approx. 4-6 hours week, both virtually and in-person)
- Represent the office at community events across the City (both virtually and in-person)
- Administrative work:
- Perform variety of administrative duties as needed
The following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Passion for the public good and public interest
- Strong attention to detail and thorough follow-up
- Upbeat, flexible demeanor and ability to adapt and adjust priorities on the spot
- Collaborative “all hands on deck” attitude
- Experience working with virtual platforms (Zoom, GMeet, etc.)
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Interested applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com. Those qualified will be contacted to schedule an interview.
The City of Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.