Important Safety Tips
Map of Getty Fire evacuation zones and centers. RED = Mandatory / YELLOW = Be prepared to evacuate. View full size map here. | Map: LAFD.org
The Getty Fire is posing an imminent threat to people and property on the Westside of Los Angeles at this time. More than 600 brave firefighters and other first responders are on the scene doing everything they can to contain the fire and keep Angelenos safe. It is especially important to observe all evacuation notices and be ready to leave at a moment’s notice.
To receive real-time text and email updates from the City about this fire and any future emergency that may impact your neighborhood, sign up for NotifyLA.
Mandatory evacuation zone
The current zone for Mandatory Evacuation as of 10 a.m. remains: Temescal Canyon Road is the western border. Sunset Boulevard to Chautauqua Boulevard, continuing on Chautauqua Boulevard to Pacific Coast Highway remains the south border, Mulholland Drive remains the north border and 405 Freeway remains the east border.
Evacuation warning zones
Those who live in the following neighborhoods should be ready to evacuate: The area within Mulholland Drive to the north, Topanga Canyon to the west, Sunset Boulevard to the south and Temescal Canyon Road to the east.
This is a very dynamic situation and transportation will be heavily affected throughout West L.A. For up to date information, please follow CHP, LADOT and Cal Trans District 7 on Twitter.
- Westwood Recreation Center (1350 South Sepulveda Blvd.)
- Van Nuys / Sherman Oaks Recreation Center (14201 Huston St.)
- Stoner Recreation Center (1835 Stoner Ave.)
- Palisades Recreation Center (851 Alma Real Dr.)
- Cheviot Hills Recreation Center (2551 Motor Ave.)
- For animals:
- West Valley Animal Shelter (20655 Plummer St.)
- West LA Animal Shelter (11361 W. Pico Blvd.)
- (Large animals) Hanson Dam Rec Area (11770 Foothill Blvd.)
For more details, follow LAFD on Twitter. Additional emergency preparedness information can be found in the links below.